Westchester Area Universities & Hospitals
Located near the tri-state area of Connecticut, New Jersey and New York, and just 45 minutes from Manhattan, Tarrytown House Estate is a convenient location for visiting area universities and hospitals.
With 212 luxurious guestroom accommodations and convenient amenities, Tarrytown House Estate is the premier choice for lodging nearby Westchester and Tarrytown area universities and hospitals.
Colleges & Universities:
- The New York Medical College in Westchester is located nearby to Tarrytown House Estate. Compromised of three different schools, the New York Medical College was founded in 1860 and is currently one of the largest private health science universities in the nation.
- With three campuses, one in Westchester near Tarrytown, Pace University is a private metropolitan university specializing in education that incorporates academics with professional experience.
- Fordham University’s Westchester campus is home to several of the University’s graduate schools including the graduate schools of business management, religion, education and social service. This university near Tarrytown is conveniently located off of I-287 and the Hutchinson River Parkway.
- Located in Purchase, NY, Manhattanville College was officially established in 1841 as a liberal arts college. Today, the college offers undergraduate and graduate programs on a 100-acre campus located in Westchester County.
- Founded by the Christian Brothers in 1940, Iona College is located on a 35-acre campus in New Rochelle, NY in Westchester County. This liberal arts college follows in the traditions of the Christian Brothers and the American Catholic Higher Education.
- Purchase College SUNY combines a traditional liberal arts education with science programs and conservatory-based art programs. Founded in 1967 by Governor Rockefeller, Purchase College is home to the Neuberger Museum of Art and The Performing Arts Center.
- Originally an all women’s college, Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, NY offers a liberal arts education, in a coeducational environment as of the late 1960s. The mission of the college is largely centered on the growth of the individual and relationship between student and teacher.
- Located in Westchester County, this specialized children's hospital was founded in 1891. Blythedale is dedicated to exclusively diagnosing and treating children with complicated medical conditions.
- An academic medical center in Westchester, associated with the New York Medical College, has six specialized medical centers including the trauma and burn center, heart center, Cancer institute, neuroscience center and transplant center.
- The Maria Fareri Children's Hospital at the Westchester Medical Center specializes in all fields of pediatric medicine. This family-centered facility is one of the leading children’s hospitals in the world.
- Located in Sleepy Hollow, NY on 69-acres next to the Hudson River, the Phelps Memorial Hospital Center is an acute care hospital that provides medical and mental healthcare, supporting 235 beds.
- The Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center at Phelps provides outpatient cancer care. This cancer center provides residents of Westchester County with convenient, medical-oncology and radiation-oncology treatments with Sloan-Kettering’s world-renowned expertise, close to home.
- Burke is the only hospital in Westchester County dedicated to rehabilitation medicine. Burke offers acute rehabilitation services and is also home to a research center. Three divisions compromise Burke: the inpatient rehabilitation hospital, outpatient rehabilitation services and the medical research institute.
- Founded in 1893, the hospital center provides acute health care and preventative medical care. The hospital serves Westchester County and the surrounding area, and has recently undergone a major expansion of the Emergency Department.